Friday, May 15, 2009

Sam

Hi everyone,
Well this week has been a very sad week for me. My cat, best buddy, friend of 16 years died on Tues very suddenly. I am really still in shock , I cannot believe that he is gone, just like that.
He was not that sick, he was on medication for thyroid but seemed to be doing well. Although his appetite had declined somewhat, but then he wasnt that young anymore even though he looked good. We were together 24-7 so we were always together, he was left alone very seldom. He was there when I got up in the morning, accompanying me into the bathroom and sitting on the sink watching me brush me teeth Then on to breakfast where he always got fed first. He would then go my studio where he had a nap on his cushion on my worktable. We were never far apart , in the evening he would sit on my legs till bedtime. Everywhere I look I still see him and hear him. I cannot believe he is gone forever. Farewell my best buddy.

1 comment:

Pat Sernyk said...

Oh Amy, that is such sad news. Your pet is your friend and this is so tough for you. You spent so many years together...Words fail.
I am happy that he did not seem to suffer. May you have many fond memories of Sam.
Pat